Up to 5. The plants at the end of the circuit will have the weakest current. Place your healthiest or least infested plants farthest away from the Power Supply.
Marijuana, tomatoes, peppers, flowers or any other plant with a stem that’s at least 10 inches high and 20 mm in diameter.
All crawling insects, including aphids, thrips and spider mites. Bug Buster Arc does not protect against flying insects. It will not harm beneficial microbes in the soil and water.
Rodents and rabbits may receive a mild shock when coming into contact with the plant stem. They won’t get “stuck” to the wire or be killed, but the zap may be enough to send them looking for another food source. Wrap the plant stem at least 12 inches so that animals standing on their hind legs to reach tomatoes or fruit will still come in contact with the Stem Wire.
The Bug Buster Arc’s mild current will not affect larger animals (deer, birds, squirrels, raccoons, skunks, etc.) munching on vegetables, leaves or fruit trees.
The amount of electricity sent through the Bug Buster Arc is barely noticeable to the human touch. If you grab the stem or your pet noses it, you’ll feel it, but not be hurt by it.
Bug Buster Arc is most effective on indoor plants in a controlled greenhouse or grow house environment. However, Bug Buster Arc can perform well in outdoor gardens and with sprinkler systems. In any environment, take care not to submerge the Bug Buster Power Supply in water or let it sit in standing water. It’s water-resistant, not waterproof.
- Leave unit unplugged. Clip (don’t pull) all leaves and shoots from the first 6-8 inches of the plant’s main stem.
- Wrap at least 3 inches of the moisture-free main stem in waterproof tape, starting 2 inches from the soil and working your way up the plant.
- Wrap the Stem Wire at least 2x over the tape around the stem, keep first wrap of live wire closest to bottom of tape. Again, keep the plant moisture-free while doing this. A taller plant or infested plant will need more Stem Wire wrapped around it.
- Insert the end of the Live Wire into The Arc
- Gently insert the ground Probe into the stem at a perpendicular angle. Choose a spot below the tape and 1 to 2 inches above the soil.
- Wrap the Probe Wire around the head of the Probe. Secure the end of the Probe Wire (“ground wire”) to The Arc. Do not let the Probe or the Probe Wire touch the soil, each other, or standing water.
- Plug The Arc into 115 volt electrical outlet. The electrical current is carried from the Power Supply to the Probe Wire, through the Probe, up the stem, into the Stem Wire, and then back to the Power Supply. As long as this circuit stays intact and the GROUND is grounded properly, Bug Buster will protect your plants from crawling insects!
No, it will strengthen them through a process called supercropping. When plants are slightly stressed, they reproduce more rapidly, putting out more fruit, buds and flowers to ensure they produce offspring.
The Bug Buster Arc is a preventive measure that keeps bugs off plants. Spray infested plants with water to remove insects, dry their stems, and then install Bug Buster Arc.